Friday, August 30, 2013

Academic VS Character

Weird timing, weird emotions. I don't get why the End of Year Exams have to be so early or why they keep pushing forward. Furthermore, they keep rushing the syllabus and add in new information which makes the students feel overloaded with information digest and memorise. So what do kids deal with this kind of stress? Gadgets. For those who are less rebellious and no one to ask for help, they memorise blindly.. I pity my students but I realized more and more students study without understanding which make studies become so difficult that they rather look for something else. I remember when I was young, I love studying and getting in the knowledge. Because KNOWLEDGE IS POWER. Things changed.

Saw a stomp post that a mother reprimanded his son in public loudly just to embarrass his son so that he will learn his mistake. This is the worst thing an adult can do to a child because it really hurts the kid. Sometimes, a scar in the heart can be permanent than the physical scar. Trust me, the kid's guilt or demoralized feeling will evolve into hatred toward the mother and the subject itself.

Due to parental stress nowadays, the kids are now far more demanding than the parents which for me, as a conservative person, I think one should never shout at the elders UNLESS they are making a fuss(that's my limit). For the Koreans, I think even if the elders creating unreasonable troubles, juniors are not allowed to retaliate.

No matter what, I always tell my students, results are not the MOST important, what really matter is their character. academic results are important but not the most important in one's life, I repeat. Characters is what that will follow a person throughout the life. And we mold our characters since young until when we become an adult, character become hard to change as we already have a set of values and principles rooted to our powerful subconscious mind. So if we focus on character molding, studying will be easier as we change the way we perceive what is studying all about. It is a training ground to mold a person's perseverance, determination, belief and faith innovative and creative thinking/critical thinking, time management, stress management etc. Results are just a feedback to tell you whether your actions and habits have enhanced your molding of character. BUT HOW CAN A SMALL KIDS KNOW ALL THESE?


However, the contradiction is we don't treat all jobs/careers as same level, there actually has this hidden hierarchy. technicians, plumber, hairstylist, architect, musicians etc . are seen as "not fit to study".

As I think I studied well, but I choose a different pathway. I thanked my parents who didn't pressurized me AT ALL which in turn makes me want to have expectations in myself since young. But something I didn't do well is focus in doing what makes me now.

Had made mistakes in the past 2 years and some mistakes cant be salvaged which I've told myself to let go and look forward to my life. I never want to look back at those bad experience, but it definitely serve a reminder for me even though I was maligned, I guess, this is the consequences to bear for being someone who always keeps things to myself and of cuz not putting enough effort to sustain the relationships.

they will always be in my memory, happy ones of cuz. but i don't think i am able to fill up the cracks in between the walls.

Been so long then I started to blog again. Is a new start to a place where it has been forgotten, i always wanted to go somewhere to start a new. probably here, :)

No comments: